In the modern economic age, polyester proves to be the most popular fabric used in fashion, design, and interiors. Polyester fibers prove to be heat-sensitive or thermoplastic. This allows the polyester manufacturers to give permanent pleats, patterns and decorative shapes, and can be laser-cut. A new form of polyester called microfiber was also introduced. Researchers are also developing new and improved form of polyester that could be stronger than Kevlar which could find its usage as a composite material for cars and airplanes.
Global Polyester Fiber Market Overview
According to the latest market research from Technavio, the global polyester staple fiber (PSF) market will register a CAGR of more than 5% by 2022, while the growing demand in the textile industry is one of the major factors driving the growth in this market.? PSF is extensively used in the apparel and home furnishing sectors. PSF is gaining traction due to its alluring properties such as superior strength and quick drying. Moreover, the growing demand from emerging nations such as China and India owing to government initiatives and low-cost for manufacturing allows its extensive use in manufacturing textiles.
For more information about the global polyester stable fiber market size, top polyester manufacturers, and future trends in this market, please check following report:
View the report featured in this article.
Global Polyester Staple Fiber (PSF) Market Report 2018-2022
Top 10 Polyester Manufacturers in the World 2019
Alpek is a leading producer of PTA and PET globally, and one of the largest expandable polystyrene manufacturers in America, and the only producer of caprolactam in Mexico. The company operates one of the largest polypropylene facilities in North America. In 2017, the company earned a net revenue of USD 5.2 billion, out of which USD 3.7 billion came from polyester.
Alpek in the polyester segment
Alpek manufactures purified terephthalic acid (PTA), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and polyester fibers. In terms of installed capacity, the company is the second largest PET producer in the world. Its most advanced PTA/ PET production technology is called the IntegRex?.
View related market report: Global Smart Textiles Market 2018-2022
Bombay Dyeing is the flagship company of the Wadia Group, which happens to be one of the oldest conglomerates of India. The company is also into real estate, polyester staple fiber, and retail -textiles. The company earned a revenue of USD 3.3 billion during 2017-2018.
Bombay Dyeing in the polyester segment
The company employs the NGSS System (Next Generation Staple Spinning System). It produces a wide range of Polyester Staple Fiber (PSF) from 0.6 to 7 deniers. It also includes a variety of differentiated and specialty products such as Micro, Optical White, Dope Dyed Black, Trilobal, Hollow, Spun Lace and Super High Tenacity fibers.
China Petroleum Chemical Co is one of the largest oil refining, gas and petrochemical conglomerates and top polyester manufacturers in the world. It is located in Shanghai, Jinshan District. In 2017, the company recorded a profit of USD 341 billion. The main products of the company are divided into four categories:
- Petroleum products that includes gasoline, diesel, aviation kerosene, and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Chemical products that includes ethylene, propylene, butadiene, benzene, toluene, xylene, terephthalic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene glycol, ethylene oxide, ethylene vinyl acetate, and carbon five
- Synthesis resin and synthetic polymer products that includes polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester chips, and polyvinyl alcohol
- Synthetic fiber products that includes acrylic staple fiber, acrylic top, polyester staple fiber, polyester filament, polyester industry yarn
View related market report: Global Technical Textiles Market 2018-2022
Founded in 1994, Indorama Ventures is one of the leading producers in the intermediate petrochemicals industry and a global manufacturer of wool yarns. The company is divided into three segments:
Indorama Ventures in the polyester segment
The company’s manufacturing facility is backward integrated with the TPT Petrochemicals’ PTA facility. TPT Petrochemicals operates the 55 MW cogeneration plant which has been upgraded to produce bicomponent staple fibers.
- Fibers: Melt-spinning process is used to produce polyester fibers. Heat is passed through the raw materials to a spinning mass and then pressed through spinnerets.
- Feedstock: Ethylene Glycol is a major raw material for polyester fibers and PET. Monoethylene Glycol is used to manufacture polyester fibers and PET resins. Diethylene Glycol is used to manufacture polyester polyols and unsaturated polyester resins.
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Mitsui Chemicals is one of the largest polyester manufacturers in the APAC region, especially Japan, China and Southeast Asia. The company is also generating a fair bit of interest across Europe and the United States of America. Mitsui Chemicals is into the following industries:
- Chemical products
- Home appliance/ IT devices
- Packaging/ Printing materials
- Construction/ industrial materials
ALMATEX? is the brand name of acrylic and polyester resin. It consists of solvent, water soluble and powder types to meet diversified applications. The Polyester and Intermediates section of Mitsui & Co Benelux forms a part of the worldwide Mitsui & Co Inorganic organization. It focuses on the promotion of inorganic commodities and specialty additives for different industries like Polyolefins, PVC, Paper, electronics and photochemical.
View related market report: Global Eco Fiber Market 2018-2022
Reliance industries is an Indian conglomerate company. Its various businesses include hydrocarbon exploration and production, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and telecommunications. In 2017, the company recorded a revenue of USD 58 billion. Its employee strength is close to 1,87,729.
Reliance Industries in the polyester segment
Reliance industries is one of the world’s largest polyester manufacturers with a capacity of 2.5 million tons per year. It consists of the following product segments:
- Polyesters staple fiber which includes Recron? Staple Fiber & Tow, Recron? Fiberfill, Recron? 3S – fibers for reinforcement, and Recron Certified.
- Polyester filament yarn which includes Recron? Partially Oriented Yarn (POY), Recron? Polyester Textured Yarn (PTY), Recron? Fully Drawn Yarn (FDY), and Recron? Industrial Yarns (IDY).
- Relpet that includes Relpet? product datasheets (Relpet? G5761, Relpet? G5801, Relpet? G5841, Relpet? H7761, and Relpet? QH5821)
TORAY INDUSTRIES is a Japanese multinational company that specializes in fibers and textiles, performance chemicals, carbon fiber composite materials, environment and engineering, life science, and others. In 2017, the company recorded a revenue of USD 19.65 billion with 45,762 employees globally.
TORAY INDUSTRIES in the polyester segment
The company has the following products:
- TORAY TETORON? – it is a polyester fiber that has a wide range of applications which includes from bedding fiberfill to industrial, construction, and interior material uses including general industrial materials, car seats, and non-woven fabrics.
- AXTAR? – it is a polyester nonwoven fabric which is used as filter materials in industrial applications. It is used to strengthen embankments in the civil engineering sector. In agricultural materials, it is used as anti-weed sheets. In construction, it is used as roof linings and house wraps, and in household products like wrapping bags and packaging materials.
- PENTAS? – it is a flat multi-leaf cross-section polyester fiber. It is used as an all-season sportswear, fashionable clothing, Middle Eastern clothing, uniforms, and other apparel, bedding, towels, mats, and non-woven fabric usage such as hygienic wipes, cosmetics.
- CEOα? – it is a highly water absorptive polyester filament yarn and textile
Eastman Chemical Company
Eastman Chemical Company is one of the largest advanced materials and specialty additives producer in the US as well as the world. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, U.S. in 2017, the company recorded a revenue of USD 9.5 billion and has approximately 14,500 employees.
Eastman Chemical Company in the polyester segment
The company combined its polyester technology with acetyls and olefins and presented Avra. Avra is a polyester microfiber that enhances the moisture management and feel to sportswear.
Some of its polyester products include:
- Tetrashield AC1001
- Tetrashield AC1020
- Tetrashield IC3000
- Tetrashield IC3020
- Polyester F61HC
- Eastman AQ? (adhesives applications and cosmetics)
View related market report: Global Lyocell Fiber Market 2018-2022
M&G Chemicals was founded in 1953 in Tortona, Italy and is one of the largest producers of PET resin or packaging applications in the world. The company recorded a revenue of USD 1.6 billion, has nearly 900 employees and is based in 14 locations in six countries, globally.
M&G Chemicals in the polyester segment
The Chemtex division of the company helps with the technological development, research and engineering services to build the polyester, renewables and LNG industries. In Asia, the company is planning to become a supplier of polyester raw material where it already operates as a technology provider, in order to attain high growth from the Chinese polyester market.
William Barnet & Son
Founded in 1898, William Barnet & Son?is one of the largest polyester manufacturers in the USA?that specializes in fibers, polymers and yarns. The company produces and supplies different grade of resins that includes polyester, nylon 6, nylon 66, acrylic, polypropylene and viscose. Some of its notable products include:
- Polyester High Tenacity – Flame Retardant
- Polyester Staple Fiber & Nylon Staple Fibers
- Polyester (PET) Thermoplastics
Report featured in this article: