With the continuously increasing demand for premium quality products and rising need to improve the industrial processes, the top 10 industrial automation companies in the world are encouraging the deployment of industrial automation control systems and services. The Top 5 Disruptive Trends in the Industrial Automation Market are being increasingly adopted by the industries across the globe for transforming their operations to achieve optimum efficiency in their day-to-day tasks or manufacturing processes. Consequently, the rising awareness of technological advances such as Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Smart Robots, and others is expected to create ample of the opportunities for the top 10 industrial automation companies to offer quality products to a varied range of consumers across the globe and meet their continuously evolving requirements.
For the latest global industrial automation control market report, industrial automation control market size, industrial automation control market forecast, and information on the top industrial automation companies, please have a look at Global Industrial Automation Control Market 2018-2022.
What is Industrial Automation?
Industrial automation refers to the controlling of industrial machines and processes by the help of autonomous systems, software, and services using advanced technologies including robotics and machine learning.? Various industries across the globe implement automation for increasing the overall productivity and reducing significant costs incurred on employees and their training, while achieving flexibility and precision. Automation in the industries allows the various stakeholders involved to achieve increased productivity, minimized error, and improved quality. In addition to these benefits, automation in industrial processes by using automated computer software also ensures the collection of reliable data which can further be banked upon to make judicious and informed decisions, eventually yielding significant cost savings.
Global Industrial Automation Control Market Analysis
Technavio’s latest market report suggests that the global industrial automation control market will be growing at a steady CAGR close to 6% from 2018 to 2022. According to this industrial automation control market study, the rapid adoption of smart grid technology for providing new growth opportunities for SCADA systems to be one of the key drivers impelling the market’s growth in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, the fact that automation in industrial processes eases and optimizes the overall functioning remains another crucial factor for the continuously rising adoption of industrial automation control systems launched by the top 10 industrial automation companies across the globe.
To get a comprehensive industrial automation market analysis, request your Global Industrial Automation Control Market Sample for FREE
Top 10 Industrial Automation Companies in 2018
ABB is a Switzerland-based multinational company offering automation products, systems and services across a varied range of industries and utilities. The company has been holding a significant position in the market by offering innovative industrial automation solutions since its inception in 1988. ABB has a strong geographic footprint and caters to the customized end-user industry requirements with the help of over 35,000 employees across the globe. The company garnered a revenue of USD 34.8 billion in 2017.
- August 2018: The ABB Ability Electrical Distribution Control System was commercialized through a software-as-a-service model, enabling the consumers to leverage and unlock the potential of the companies’ products in a digital era.
- July 2018: ABB Control Technologies and Actemium, a VINCI Energies brand signed a global agreement to offer several benefits to the consumers from their leading automation solutions.
- June 2018: The company launched world’s first commercial modular enabled process automation solution ideal for pharmaceutical plants, biotech manufacturers, fine chemical factories and food and beverage industries.
Founded in 1903, the company has its headquarters functioning from the US. With its significant presence in the list of top 10 industrial automation companies in the world, Rockwell Automation earned a revenue of over USD 6 billion in 2017. Furthermore, with an employee strength of over 22,000 employees, the company operates in the Architecture and Software, and Control Products and Solutions segments.
- July 2018: The company released the Connected Components Workbench software including features to reduce the programming time while creating a more familiar and efficient design environment.
- May 2018: Rockwell Automation collaborated with Plug and Play, an innovation platform established in 2006, to leverage new and disruptive industrial IoT technologies.
Siemens is a German conglomerate employing around 377,000 employees working across geographies. The company garnered a revenue of about USD 96.01 billion in 2017 by operating in key business divisions including Industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure & Cities.
- August 2018: The company acquired mendix, a leader in low-code application development to strengthen its digital enterprise leadership
- July 2018: Siemens partnered with Alibaba Cloud to foster the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in China.
Headquartered in France, Schneider Electric has been specializing in the energy management and automation industry by offering an extensive product portfolio including industrial automation software solutions since its inception in the year 1836. The company’s flagship product EcoStruxure, an IoT-enabled, plug-and-play, open, interoperable architecture and platform delivers innovation on 6 key domains of expertise including Power, IT, Building, Machine, Plant and Grid.
- May 2018: The company signed an agreement with Larsen and Toubro (L&T) to buy its Electrical and Automation business (L&T E&A) and combine it with Schneider Electric India’s Low Voltage and Industrial Automation Product business (the “Combined Business”). Furthermore, a Singapore-based investment company, Temasek, will invest and hold 35% of this combined business, eventually aiding Schneider Electric to maintain its position in the top 10 industrial automation companies across the globe.
- April 2018: St?ubli Robotics and Schneider Electric signed a partnership to integrate robotics solutions into EcoStruxure smart machines by combining products and software packages into automation solutions.
Honeywell is a US-based MNC established in 1906 and employs over 131,000 employees across geographies. With an extensive product portfolio being offered across different industries, the company broadly operates in four strategic units including Honeywell Aerospace, Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), Home and Building Technologies (HBT), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies.
- June 2018: Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) launched a Connected Plant Solution for the easy health monitoring of midstream gas metering systems.
- June 2017: Honeywell started introducing several new releases using its ControlEdge technology, a next generation family of controllers providing secure connectivity through all levels of process and business functions.
Emerson is an US-based MNC primarily operating in two key business segments including automation solutions and commercial & residential solutions. The company garnered a revenue of about USD 15.3 billion in 2017. With a rich product assortment and an employee strength of over 76,000 people, the company has a wide geographic presence across almost every key end-user industry.
- August 2018: The company announced that Lal Karsanbhai will become the executive president of Emerson Automation Solutions, effective October 1, while succeeding Michael Train.
- August 2018: Emerson introduced a cost-effective, easy-to-install, and simple-to-operate alternative to conventional cast and bolted motor starters in the form of its new Appleton PlexPower solution.
- July 2018: Emerson acquired Aventics, a leader in smart pneumatics technologies powering machine and factory automation applications. The acquisition will solidify Emerson’s automation technology presence in Europe.
Headquartered in Japan and employing about 142,340 people across geographies, Mitsubishi Electric has been catering to varied customers ever since its incorporation in 1921. The company’s net worth as of 2018 is USD 41.8 billion and it offers an extensive product portfolio including industrial automation solutions eventually contributing significantly to the global industrial automation market size.
- August 2018: The company announced the acquisition of ASTES4, a Switzerland based company engaged in the development, production and sales of patented automated sorting solutions.
- July 2018: Mitsubishi Electric announced a strategic partnership with the Instrumentation Technology and Economy Institute, P.R. CHINA (ITEI), a research institute promoting standardized intelligent manufacturing under the Made in China 2025 program.
Omron is yet another Japan-based MNC incorporated in 1933 offering several products including industrial automation solutions, social system solutions, automotive electronics, and medical devices across all the geographies. The company operated in three key business segments including Social, Life, and Industrial segments with the aid of about 36,000 employees. Omron has been able to maintain its position in the top 10 industrial automation companies while earning a revenue of USD 7.72 billion in 2017.
- August 2018: The company announced the release of its world’s first NX-series Safety Network Controller to support two safety protocols including CIP Safety, adopted by industrial robot manufacturers and Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE), which provides high-speed response.
- July 2018: Omron announced the release of its new CK3M-series Programmable Multi Axis Controller that achieves nanoscale motion control to be used in manufacturing across the digital and automotive industries.
Danaher focuses on designing, manufacturing, and marketing professional, industrial, medical, and commercial products and services across facilities located in over 60 countries around the globe. The company employees over 67,000 people working in four key business segments including Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, and Environmental & Applied Solutions. With a wide product portfolio and service offerings, the company garnered a revenue of USD 18.3 billion in 2017.
- March 2018: The company entered into an agreement to acquire IDT, a privately-held provider of high-value consumables for genomics applications in molecular biology, qPCR, next generation sequencing, synthetic biology, gene editing and molecular diagnostics.
Founded in 1915, Yokogawa has been serving its customers worldwide while operating through its key business segments including industrial automation, test and measurement hardware and software. The company offers different industrial automation control systems including DCS, SCADA, and PLC enabling it to improve its market share and solidify its position in the top 10 industrial automation companies in the world.
- August 2018: Yokogawa released WG51S2 Infrared Sensor for the WEBFREX NV Online Thickness Gauge. Positioned as an OpreX Quality Control System family solution, the WG51S2 infrared sensor enables the online thickness gauge to measure and control the thickness of films and sheets with greater accuracy.
- August 2018: The company and the Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST) announced the development of a reinforcement learning algorithm that can be utilized for the automatic optimization of plant operations.
- June 2018: Yokogawa announced OpreX, an all-new comprehensive brand for the company’s industrial automation (IA) and control business.
Find out other leading industrial automation manufacturers in different regions, download our Global Industrial Automation Control Market Report Sample for FREE.
Future Trends of the Industrial Automation Control Market
As the industrial automation market continues to proliferate, the improvement in sensors and ongoing advances of PLCs are two of the major trends gaining traction in the market during the predicted period. World’s leading industrial automation manufacturers are increasingly focusing on improving the performance of the sensors by offering new technologically advanced variants. Not only this, one of the top 10 industrial automation companies, Honeywell is focusing on aiding the sensor growth by improving sensor components with its Nanopower Series Magnetoresistive (MR) Sensor ICs used increasingly in wireless communication devices, which is expected to further boost the growth of the global industrial automation in the near future.
Gain easy access to all of Technavio’s market research reports for the industrial automation industry. Begin your FREE 14-day Trial today
FAQs on Industrial Automation Market
- What is the global industrial automation market size?
- What are the emerging startup companies in industrial automation?
- What are the latest industrial automation trends?
- Who are the major industrial automation companies?
All the detailed answers can be found in this following report: